Selleys Autofix Auto Silicone Translucent 75g
Selleys Autofix Auto Silicone Translucent 75g is a non-corrosive, multipurpose, clear, durable, flexible, and neutral curing silicone that is safe to use on paintwork and chrome.
It is ideal to use for auto trim, caravan windows, aerials.
Where can this product be used?
- Seals leaking windows, doors, leaks, caravans and awnings
- Locks nuts, bolts, plates to prevent vibration.
- Insulates and waterproofs electric, etc.
- Bonds and repairs most auto and caravan materials.
What materials is this product suitable for?
- Painted surfaces
- Most rubbers and plastics
How to use
- Use in well-ventilated areas and avoid contact with skin and eyes. Thoroughly clean surfaces with mineral turpentine and dry.
- Pierce seal in the tube, fit nozzle and cut to size.
- For use as an adhesive, apply sufficiently to one surface only bring together within 4 minutes and fasten immediately. If fasteners are not being used, support joint until sealant cures.
- For use as a joint or seam sealant, mask adjacent surfaces and apply a sealant so that it fills the joint and makes contact with both surfaces. The tool immediately with a spatula dipped in detergent water, forcing the sealant into the joint and removing masking tape before sealant skins (5 min).
- For use as a surface sealant, apply sealant and tool evenly to desired thickness before sealant skins (5 min).
- Clean up with turps before sealant cures. Remove the nozzle and replace the cap. Allow the sealant to cure in the nozzle and remove before next use.
- Not suitable for polycarbonate, polyethylene or polypropylene plastics.
- Sealant cannot be painted over.
- Not recommended for below waterline applications.
- Resistant to -60ºC and 180ºC continuously, or to 240ºC intermittently.
- Product releases methyl ethyl ketoxime while curing.