The SE22 Electric Fly Killer features a contemporary design, improved efficiency, simple installation and is backed by Pestrol’s 30-day money-back guarantee. Covers 150 sq metres.
- Contemporary design – Modern detailing makes the unit ideal for customer-facing areas
- Finish – All metal construction (white polyester finish) or stainless steel finish for strength and durability.
- Designed for improved efficacy – The newly designed guard allows greater light output. This together with an integral central ‘V’ shaped deflector significantly increases performance, covering areas up to 150 square metres. High-performance Synergetic™ UVA Green lamps for enhanced insect attraction.
- Mains interlocked catch tray – High-performance self-cleaning killing grid (removable for easy cleaning of the unit)
- Tool-free tube removal – Tool-free maintenance for ease of cleaning and lamp replacement – no loose fittings to misplace
- Simple 2-way mounting – Simple wall or ceiling mounting
- Independent certification – Independently tested and certified to RoHS and all relevant European standards
- Warranty: Five Year Guarantee (excluding lamps)
- Dimensions – 385mm x 140mm x 430mm
- Coverage – 150m2
- Tubes – 1 x 22 Watt (T21G)
- Weight – 7.5kg
The unit plugs into a standard 240v Australian power socket.
Placement of the SE22 Electric Fly Killer is an area that is frequently misunderstood and there are a few simple points to observe.
Firstly the height at which SE22 units are to be installed is important in terms of efficiency. As a general rule the higher up they are the less effective. In a working environment, the ideal height would be between two and two and a half metres from the ground. At this height, the risk of the SE22 units being damaged by moving trolleys or forklift trucks is reduced whilst maintaining maximum efficiency. They will also be easier to clean and maintain.
The ideal location is at right angles to the major light source in the room.
SE22 units must not be sited so that the light source is obscured (if flying insects cannot see it the unit will not be very effective).
The site between potential entry points and production areas to intercept pests before they reach sensitive areas.
Do not rely on an area of coverage of a particular SE22 unit as the only criteria for choosing and installing fly zappers. There are several factors that need to be considered before deciding on the appropriate number and size of units to be installed. These would include the number of entry points including doors, windows and any other openings for instance for pipework or extractor fans. What is the volume of human traffic through the area to be protected? What would be the normal flying insect population? What is being produced? And where is the facility located? If it is close to a lake or a rubbish tip then there will be a greater risk than if the facility is in the middle of an industrial estate.
SE22 should not be installed in areas where they can be affected by air currents. Avoid areas close to air conditioning vents or where draughts may be a problem. This is because flying insects, on the whole, do not like moving air and SE22 units placed in these areas may be less efficient.
SE22 units are often placed directly in front of doorways – the logic of the installer being that this is where the insects enter and so they will be more easily caught. In fact, this will only encourage insects to enter and make the problem worse. It is better to install SE22 units off to the side of doorways ensuring as much as possible that the light does not shine out of the open door.
Never ever install SE22 units directly above a processing line or food preparation area. The Ultra Violet lamps are highly attractive to flying insects and will attract insects to those areas. Better to install the SE22 units away from sensitive areas to attract the insects and kill them away from the critical areas to be protected.
- Don’t forget to change the lamps every 12 months – preferably just before the start of the fly season.