PESTROL BUG ZAPPER 2 – 30W
WHAT IS THE PESTROL BUG ZAPPER 2?
A Pestrol bug zapper, or more formally an electrical discharge insect control system is a device that attracts and kills flying insects that are attracted by light. A light source attracts insects to an electrical grid, where they are electrocuted by touching two wires with a high voltage between them. The name stems from the characteristic zap sound produced when an insect is electrocuted.
Electric Flykillers utilise ultraviolet tubes to attract flying insects into the product, before zapping them dead on a high voltage killing grid. UV tubes attract flying insects by emitting a wavelength of light attractive to flies. Flying insects are attracted to the tube which emits UV at a level comparable to that of the sun, which the flying insect has a natural attraction to as a source of heat.
Electric fly killers use UV light to attract flying insects to the unit, then use a killing grid to kill the insects, before retaining them in a catch tray to allow hygienic disposal.
Electric fly killers are ideal for use in a commercial backroom, a commercial front of the house and industrial backroom areas.
The second generation Plus Zap Bug Zapper range offers a contemporary aesthetic combined with high specification features, creating a stylish killing grid range ideal for commercial environments. The Plus Zap Bug Zapper is available in an aluminium finish with 2 x 15 Watt globes.
Modern detailing makes the unit ideal for customer-facing areas
Robust aluminium 30W unit
Designed for improved efficacy
Staggered tubes create efficient light output, whilst the innovative offset triangular killing grid creates a larger effective catch area with easier servicing
Mains interlocked catch tray
Simple to remove for quick and safe maintenance, with blow out folds
Tool free tube removal
For a quick and simple service
Simple 3 way mounting
Flexible mounting options for wall, desk or ceiling suspension
Independently tested and certified to RoHS and all relevant European standards
Complete peace of mind
Two year guarantee (excluding tubes)
514mm x 130mm x 262mm
2 x 15 Watt (TVX15-18)
TIPS FOR PLACEMENT & INSTALLATION
Placement of the Plus Zap Bug Zapper is an area that is frequently misunderstood and there are a few simple points to observe.
- Firstly the height at which Plus Zap Bug Zapper units are to be installed is important in terms of efficiency. As a general rule the higher up they are the less effective. In a working environment, the ideal height would be between two and two and a half metres from the ground. At this height, the risk of the Plus Zap Bug Zapper units being damaged by moving trolleys or forklift trucks is reduced whilst maintaining maximum efficiency. They will also be easier to clean and maintain.
- The ideal location is at right angles to the major light source in the room.
- Plus Zap Bug Zapper units must not be sited so that the light source is obscured (if flying insects cannot see it the unit will not be very effective).
- The site between potential entry points and production areas to intercept pests before they reach sensitive areas.
- Do not rely on an area of coverage of a particular Plus Zap Bug Zapper unit as the only criteria for choosing and installing fly zappers. There are several factors that need to be considered before deciding on the appropriate number and size of units to be installed. These would include the number of entry points including doors, windows and any other openings for instance for pipework or extractor fans. What is the volume of human traffic through the area to be protected? What would be the normal flying insect population? What is being produced? And where is the facility located? If it is close to a lake or a rubbish tip then there will be a greater risk than if the facility is in the middle of an industrial estate.
- Plus Zap Bug Zapper should not be installed in areas where they can be affected by air currents. Avoid areas close to air conditioning vents or where draughts may be a problem. This is because flying insects, on the whole, do not like moving air and Plus Zap Bug Zapper units placed in these areas may be less efficient.
- Plus Zap Bug Zapper units are often placed directly in front of doorways – the logic of the installer being that this is where the insects enter and so they will be more easily caught. In fact, this will only encourage insects to enter and make the problem worse. It is better to install Plus Zap Bug Zapper units off to the side of doorways ensuring as much as possible that the light does not shine out of the open door.
- Never ever install Plus Zap Bug Zapper units of any description directly above a processing line or food preparation area. The Ultra Violet lamps are highly attractive to flying insects and will attract the insects to those areas. Better to install the Plus Zap Bug Zapper units away from sensitive areas to attract the insects and kill them away from the critical areas to be protected.
- Don’t forget to change the lamps every 12 months – preferably just before the start of the fly season.