Buy Bird Spikes Per Metre: Great for most applications, long-lasting polycarbonate, easy to install and transparent
How To Get Rid Of Birds
Pestrol Bird Spikes are a versatile range of precision engineered bird spike designed to provide effective and humane control of problem urban birds. The upward pointing wires or ‘spikes’ act as a physical barrier to the birds without hurting them. The clever design provides the solution to virtually every situation where bird spikes are suitable. This reduces the need to carry several different stock lines.
Pestrol Bird Spikes can be used to protect buildings against pigeons in a wide variety of situations, from daytime perching to night roosting sites and from the narrowest pipes to the widest of building ledges.
Stainless steel Pestrol Bird Spikes have the longest life expectancy and the use if high tensile strength stainless steel in particular means birds cannot easily push them out of the way or bend them out of shape. UV-protection of polycarbonate bases further offers a valuable safeguard against cracking or breaking through prolonged exposure to sunlight. And cleaning-off and priming surfaces to key-in adhesives and employing adhesives that provide a strong bond regardless of conditions are also important.
Pestrol Bird Spikes are far less visible than plastic ones because they do not reflect sunlight and attract far less dirt, continuing to remain tidy and unobtrusive over an extended period. Low profile bases should be specified to reduce visibility from the ground, with translucent plastic blending well into most building surfaces.
- Pestrol Bird Spikes prevent pigeons from perching on your property.
- Great for most applications.
- Long-lasting polycarbonate provides decades of maintenance-free protection.
- Easy to Install – Attach quickly with Adhesive, nails, screws, cable ties, etc.
- Transparent – Polycarbonate is transparent which is practically invisible.
- Dense – Top branches protrude from the vertical shafts to give impenetrable coverage.
- Flexible – Mounts easily on flat, curved or irregular surfaces.
- Environmentally Friendly – And Non-Lethal. Nothing to rust or deteriorate.
- Economical – Sturdy plastic base does the same job as stainless steel at a fraction of the cost.
- Material: Polycarbonate base and 304 stainless steel wire
Wire Diameter of Spike: 1.3mm
Length of the spike: 11cm
Spike Quantity Per Strip: 40 spikes
Protection Width: 6cm ~ 13cm
Base Size: 50cm(L) x 6cm(W) x 11cm(H)
Bird Species: Pigeons, gulls, starlings
Bird Activity: Day-time perching, night-time roosting and some nesting areas.
Infestation: From light to heavily infested areas.
Substrate: Masonry, Steelwork (stainless and galvanised), lead, PVC, PPC, ceramic tiles, glass
Installation: Using a suitable adhesive or clip is critical to increasing life expectancy. Follow ‘How to
Install’ Guidelines to achieve the longest possible lifetime:
Visibility (wires) – Stainless steel is far less visible than plastic spikes
Visibility (base) – Low profile base (5mm high) will not be seen from the ground level looking upwards
Base Colour – Slightly cloudy clear base blends well with most surfaces irrespective of the surface colour
Speed of Install -Pestrol Bird Spikes are quicker to install than other bird deterrent systems
- Ensure all areas are clean, dry and free from bird droppings. Remember to look up since the source of the mess might be from ledges or pipes higher up on the building and it is necessary for you to install the Pestrol Bird Spikes as well to prevent the droppings, twigs etc. fall down onto the pigeon spikes.
- Install the Pestrol Bird Spikes with screws or apply pigeon spike fixing silicone such as AVISIL Bird Spike Adhesive (10mm) on the base of the spike.
- Stick the first row of Pestrol Bird Spikes towards the front of the ledge and then press down firmly. For very wide ledges 3 or more rows of pigeon spikes may be required but it is important to leave no more than 2 inches (5cm) between rows.
- Pestrol Bird Spikes can be easily snapped using your fingers. Snap spikes into pieces to finish off rows for small areas.
- If there is a hole in the eaves or a cavity in the exterior wall behind the Pestrol Bird Spikes, please block the access to this hole or space with wire mesh or expanding foam. Prior to blocking the hole, make ensure that pigeons have not been trapped in the recess or any pigeon squabs or dependent birds found.
- Pigeons will overcome any Pestrol Bird Spikes on lower parts by standing on the raised section, therefore, please make sure that the base of the Pestrol Bird Spikes is fixed directly onto the top of any parts of the ledge that may be raised slightly higher than the rest of the ledge.
- Warn window cleaners, contractors on ladders, scaffolders, painters etc. to be careful whilst working since a slightly damaged Pestrol Bird Spike is likely to provide an ideal roosting or nesting spot for a pigeon. If any damage is generated, the Easy Pest Bird Spikes should be replaced to prevent the pigeons from moving back in.
Using AVISIL Adhesive
- AVISIL Adhesive is recommended for use where the surface is dry.
- AVIFIX “High Tack” adhesive can be used where the surface is damp.
- Pestrol Bird Spikes have a unique Glue Guide on the underside of the base to allow quick and easy application of AVISIL Adhesive.
- To open AVISIL Adhesive, use the Adhesive Cutter Tool. Cut the cap of the tube by rotating the tool around the cap of the tube.
- Cut the nozzle along the second of the three guidelines (10mm from the tip)
- Apply a 5mm band of AVISIL Adhesive in the Glue Guide of the Pestrol Bird Spike
- Press the Pestrol Bird Spike strip firmly into place.
Attaching – Pipes
- Pestrol Bird Spikes can be attached to a pipe using AVISIL Adhesive, rail clamps and cable ties
Attaching – Curved Surface
- On a curved surface, such as signs, snap the Pestrol Bird Spike strip into sections before glueing with AVISIL Adhesive.
Attaching – TV Aerial
- Pestrol Bird Spikes can be attached to an aerial using cable ties. AVISIL Adhesive may also be used
Commercial customers who need large quantities, please call Pestrol on 1800 33 88 88 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for quotation on bigger orders.