IND65 Replacement Globe 18W – Electric Fly Killer
We recommend that UV tubes are changed in the IND65 every 12 months to ensure maximum efficacy. The levels of UV produced by fluorescent tubes deteriorates rapidly throughout the life of the tube. Whilst the tube will continue to glow blue or green indefinitely, after approximately 8,000 hours the amount of useful UV (Which humans cannot see) drops to a level where it is no longer attractive to flying insect. As a result, UV tubes must be replaced annually to ensure the Nectar Fruit Fly Trap remains effective in producing useful levels of UV. This replacement cycle is typically undertaken just before the peak insect season, to ensure the Nectar Fruit Fly Trap is producing the maximum amount of UV throughout the critical insect season.
Easily recognised by their glowing green light, the range of Synergetic tubes have been developed to attract a much wider range of flying insects than traditional blue UV lamps.
Based upon a unique phosphor mix, patented technology ensures that a broader ‘two peak’ wavelength is maintained (368nm and 540nm) attracting a wide range of insects including stored product moths, fruit flies, vinegar flies, barflies, whilst attracting the common housefly as effectively as traditional blue UV tubes, giving you the best of both UV technologies.
Extensive testing has been carried out over many years by independent entomologists and test laboratories, showing the benefits of green light in combination with UV.
A wide diversity of insects were shown to be more attracted to Synergetic light, including greenhouse whiteflies, silverleaf whiteflies, thrips, leafhoppers, Indian meal moths, Mediterranean flour moths, tropical warehouse moths, warehouse moths, plus many more! All Insect-O-Matic Nectar Fruit Fly Trap units are fitted with the patented Synergetic™ UVA-Green lamp which combines two attractant phosphors to provide these important benefits:
- Catches common House flies, Blow flies, Fruit flies, Vinegar flies & Barflies 30% faster than traditional UVA lamps (which appears blue to the human eye)
- Attracts a broader range of insects, including stored product moths, where lamps with only UVA light are less effective
- Keeps on working longer because the green light phosphor hardly ever degrades, unlike UVA lamps which lose up to 40% of their power after 6 months.
- 18 Watt
- Recommended Effective Life = 8000 hours
- Wavelength = 368nm-540nm dual peak wavelength