Humane Mouse Trap
Another great humane mouse trap from Pestrol Australia. Turns an ordinary plastic bottle into a mouse multi catch. No poisons, stick pads or painful hazards Safe around pets and people. Humane mouse trap and release product is the future as people move away from chemical alternatives or killing mouse traps. Immediate delivery. No soda bottle included with the sale of our Humane Mouse Trap
PESTROL’S GUIDE TO RATS AND MICE!
Do you have an infestation?
Rats are nocturnal and usually hide from humans, so the typical signs to look for in the home and garden are:
- Scratching noises in walls, under the floor or under decking as rats scurry around looking for food.
- Droppings – rats leave dark, tapered (sausage shaped) droppings about 1 – 2cm long.
- Distinctive smell – rats leave an ammonia-like smell that will be particularly strong in enclosed areas such as under cupboards, in loft spaces, garages, sheds or under the decking.
- Damage – rats have teeth that grow continuously and gnaw on wood, plastic and even mild steel to keep them trim. Rats can even cause fires by chewing through cables and wiring.
- Ripped food packaging – rats will tear open all types of packaging to find food which may leave teeth marks.
- Nests – rats build nests in warm, hidden places using the shredded material such as newspaper, plastic and fabrics. Nests will often contain young rats.
- Burrows – In gardens, rats will dig burrows especially in compost heaps or under sheds. They will also build nests under the garden decking.
Why do you need to get rid of rats/mice?
Rats pose a significant health risk to humans and our pets. Common diseases carried by rats include Salmonella, Weil’s disease, E.coli, Cryptosporidiosis and Tuberculosis.
Rats also carry fleas, mites and ticks and can cause acute allergic reactions.
Need a larger multi-catch mouse trap – then have a look at our other products
How to create a first defence against rats and mice?
The first defence against a rat infestation is to proof your home. Young rats can get through holes of less than 1cm, so it is important to seal any holes and fit bristle strip around doors.
It is important not to attract rats with food – store food in strong airtight plastic or metal containers and regularly clean under cookers and fridges.
In the garden, ensure household refuse is kept in closed bins, do not put meat into compost heaps and use squirrel-proof bird feeders, clearing up any food that is spilt. If you have pets in the garden, ensure food bowls are removed after feeding.
Rats can also come up from sewers through broken pipes – it is important to ensure that all pipe-work is kept in good order.
Why DIY Products?
DIY products are cost effective and work well against rats and mice, please look at our entire range of traps and repellers to ensure you keep your family safe all year round.
Dimensions of the Cheesy Mouse Trap
Size: 6 x 9 x 7.5cm